Junior System Administrator
Permanent, Full-Time, On-site
Haivision is a leading global provider of mission-critical, real-time video networking and visual collaboration solutions. Our connected cloud and intelligent edge technologies enable organizations globally to engage audiences, enhance collaboration, and support decision making. We provide high quality, low latency, secure, and reliable live video at a global scale. Haivision open sourced its award-winning SRT low latency video streaming protocol and founded the SRT Alliance to support its adoption. Awarded four Emmys® for Technology and Engineering from the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, Haivision continues to fuel the future of IP video transformation. Founded in 2004, Haivision is headquartered in Montreal and Chicago with offices, sales, and support located throughout the Americas, Europe, and Asia. To learn more, visit Haivision at haivision.com.
As a Junior System Administrator, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the seamless operation of our IT systems. You will provide technical support, troubleshoot issues, and assist with system monitoring. The ideal candidate for this role possesses a strong foundation in administering Windows, Mac, and Linux systems, and is committed to delivering outstanding customer service.
- Respond to incoming IT support requests via phone, email, or ticketing system.
- Assist end-users in resolving hardware, software, and network-related issues.
- Administer Windows, Mac, and Linux systems, including user account management and software installations.
- Perform standard user account setup/management
- Perform standard user equipment setup, workstations, laptops, and etc
- Monitor network and server performance to identify, report and address potential issues proactively.
- Collaborate with senior team members to implement improvements based on monitoring data.
- Assist with equipment shipment/purchasing/retrieve
- Maintain accurate records of support requests, resolutions, and system changes.
- Create and update knowledge base articles for common issues.
- 1-3 years of IT system administration experience and or bachelors degree in IT or 3+ years of experience.
- IT-related certifications (e.g., CompTIA A+, Network+, Microsoft Certified Professional) are a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
- Basic understanding of network protocols and troubleshooting.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Dynamic and eager to learn and grow.
- Bilingual proficiency in both French and English
- On-Site Montreal